Dedicated to healthy mind, beauty, and spirit

Dedicated to healthy mind, beauty, and spirit

Monday, November 2, 2009

WHO AM I ?

After I graduate from college, I must build my business to create income.
I must pass a state board exam, and renew my license every two years.
After I am certified to practice, the work I do will be continual on the job training.
I remove parts of the human body with sharp tools.
Sometimes I need to be available for emergencies.
In the unfortunate case of accidents or mistakes, I pay for protective insurance.
I work by appointment. My business relies on filling the schedule.
I may need to hire a receptionist or an assistant.
I do not receive job benefits such as vacation or sick pay, health insurance, dental or eye benefits, or a pension.
After graduating, I will need to further my education and stay current. I am responsible for the costs of further education.
My workspace must be carefully prepared before I do my work, and properly sanitized after.
I pay rent for the space I use to work.
I have to make important decisions quickly and accurately.
My work place has many hazardous chemicals. Sometimes I must wear protection.
I can specialize within my field.
My work is physically and mentally demanding.
I retain business by having adept technical and social skills.

SO, WHO AM I?

Did you guess Doctor?....

I AM A HAIRSTYLIST!!

Here are the wage estimates for both professions in the state of Wisconsin:

Internists, General Doctors
Average Yearly Income - $192,180
Mean Hourly Wage - $92.39

Hairstylist
Average Yearly Income - $25,260
Mean Hourly Wage - $12.15

Next time you visit your hairstylist, please consider the value of what you receive.

No comments:

Post a Comment