Dedicated to healthy mind, beauty, and spirit

Dedicated to healthy mind, beauty, and spirit

Saturday, December 19, 2009

MERRY CHRISTMAS

My annual viewing of the play, A CHRISTMAS CAROL, continues its tradition of perspective and holiday tone. The distinguished message this year comes from Jacob Marley, Scrooge's deceased business partner:

"But you were always a man of business, Jacob."

"Business! Mankind was my business. The common welfare was my business; charity, mercy, forbearance, and benevolence, were, all, my business. The dealings of my trade were but a drop of water in the comprehensive ocean of my business!"

A favorite quote of mine, "I like people...but I hate them too!" rings true occasionally. But at Christmastime the best of mankind is on display, magical things always seem to happen and the loving part of our nature comes out of hiding. Maybe that's why they say keep Christmas in your heart all year long.

Merry Christmas with love, from my home to your home!
Cherrie

No comments:

Post a Comment